Wednesday, December 3, 2014

When Georgia is on your mind… buy a log Cabin there!

The folk cultures of the Southern Appalachia are fading fast and it is good to experience it while it lasts. One can experience the very relaxed traditions and esthetics of heritage here. The flavors, the legends, the antiques, the buildings and friendliness of Ellijay will make you return back to Georgia time over again. So why not buy a cabin instead of renting one?  This way you do not have to worry about availability, and will have a second home in the mountains as a vacation getaway.

I love the folk cultures and traditions of the Southern Appalachia and decided to better experience it by buying a log cabin in the North Georgia Mountains.  I Google, Georgia Mountain cabin to find Sliding Rock. Their website shows off a nice selection of well-designed log cabins for rent and sale in North Georgia Mountains. The last time I was there my kids loved the Mountain Valley Farm. Being city kids, they never saw a piglet, or a calf or a hen in real life and this was an enriching experience for them. They went home pretty excited and talked miles about their adventures in Ellijay. I now believe that experiencing a few weeks of nature will help them develop positive and healthy attitudes towards life. We stayed at the Camp Run-A-Muk which was very well appointed. The deck overlooked the Ellijay River and my kids loved roasting’s smokes in the earthen fire pit.  I learnt fly-fishing and we caught some bass and grilled it for dinner.

I hired Sliding Rock to find me a good cabin and hopefully we will be staying at our own cabin next time Georgia is on our minds.

For a well-appointed Georgia mountain cabin rental click here: http://www.slidingrockcabins.com/
   

No comments:

Post a Comment